Building a Strong Program
Building and sustaining a high-quality afterschool program will better ensure your program’s longevity. New programs don’t need to reinvent the wheel – they can utilize the wealth of resources already available. For existing programs, there are always opportunities to grow and innovate.
There are a few key components necessary to building and running a strong program:
- High-quality, evidence-based curriculum and programming
- Sustainable funding
- Community partnerships
- Measurement of program outcomes
- Successful marketing of your program
- High-quality staff
As the director or coordinator of a program, stay current on the new research and curriculum being offered to afterschool providers as well as funding and policy conversations; there are many opportunities for providers to get involved in these conversations to continue the positive momentum for the field of afterschool.
For more information:
- American Institutes for Research
- Afterschool Alliance’s guide to development, management and curriculum-building
- Funding opportunities
- Market afterschool
- Quality assurance & outcomes
- Build partnerships
- Nonprofit management
- Post a job opportunity
There are many opportunities for providers to
get involved in these conversations.